Visiting Maritime Radio

After our fascinating visit to the Rescue Coordination Centre, we went next door to have a look at the Maritime Radio office and were once again welcomed by their super friendly team who were happy to answer all our questions in between taking calls over the radio.

Radio Licence

I have got my Restricted Radio Telephone Operators Certificate – now called an MROC I believe (maritime Restricted Operators Certificate). But we will also need to get a call sign for the yacht, and some countries require a ships radio licence as well, although Coastguard say on their website that: In most cases a standard…