After 19 years of fantastic fun on the water, the time has come for Wildwood to find a new family to share more adventures with.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021 438 977
She is a wooden, glass on both sides over strip plank cedar, Young 88, built in 1985. Slightly different to the fibreglass 88’s, her cockpit seats are higher, which gives much larger quarter berths below.
- Immaculately maintained
- A perfect boat for both family cruising and competitive racing.
- Easy to handle short handed, and plenty of space for 7 crew when racing
- Capable coastal cruiser.
- Four ‘double’ berths and one single – means there is plenty of space for families or friends.
- Large comfortable enclosed cockpit – great for entertaining and safe for small children.
- Functional galley
- Separate brand new toilet
- Lots of storage space.
- Comes complete with lots of safety gear, spare parts and other accessories.
- Huge cool box
- Great stereo
- Cockpit & deck painted 2021
She also has a closed in transom which in my opinion is a great addition to any Y88. It means you can store things there – like your life raft when on passage, or a BBQ when you’re cruising. You are much less likely to lose things like winch handles from going over the back. It is a great place to sit when you’ve got lots of people socialising, and brilliant if you’ve got kids or pets and you want to stop them from falling out the back.
- Designer: Jim Young
- Model: Young 88
- Hull: Glass over strip plank cedar
- Year built: 1985
- Keel type: fin
- Rudder type: spade
- LOA: 8.8m or 29′
- Beam: 3.3m
- Draft: 1.75m
- Displacement: aprox 2700kg
- Engine: Yanmar 13hp 2GM
- Gearbox: Saildrive
- Propeller: two blade folding
Let’s Look at the Outside
- 10kg Rocna Anchor and 10m of 10mm chain + long anchor warp
- Spare Danforth anchor, chain & warp
- New standing & running rigging 2017
- Flag halyard
- New tri mast head navigation light 2017
- Boatwrap 2014
- 2 x two-speed cabin top winches
- 2 x self tailing sheet winches
- Tiller pilot
- 13hp Yanmar Engine
- Sail drive with folding propellor
- Boarding ladder
- Gas locker – can fit two small gas bottles
- Outboard motor bracket
- New windows 2021
- Spinnaker pole
- Main with one reef – Zoom Sails – new 2020
- 2 x #1 Genoa – Zoom Sails brand new 2022
- 1 x #2 jib
- 1 x #3 jib
- 1 x storm jib
- 1 x #1 spinnaker
- 2 x #2 spinnaker
- Mainsail cover – new 2021
Wildwood has been meticulously maintained and has a maintenance log detailing all the work that has been done on her since I owned her.
The wrap can be easily removed and repaired if you get a scratch, colours do not fade.
Let’s Go Inside!
The interior is warm and cosy, great for entertaining if the weather sends you inside. The tinted windows mean that you can easily see out but not inside.
- Four double berths (V berth, saloon, and two huge quarter berths) and one single berth in the saloon. Can sleep 9 at a squash, but with even with a family of five means each child gets their own space and the adults can sleep in the saloon.
- Huge storage lockers under every berth
- Manual pump Jabsco toilet – new 2022
- Hanging storage area
- Stereo with indoor and waterproof cockpit speakers
- Huge cool box
- Two batteries
- Boat carpet throughout
- Salt water & fresh water manual taps in galley
- Two burner stove
- LED lighting & red/white lamps
- Large chart table with drop down shelf
- New gas lines & fittings in 2020
- New galley cupboard doors 2022
Wildwood comes complete with all the gear and safety equipment you need to get sailing straight away.
- VHF Radio
- Sun shade/boom tent
- 10kg Rocna Anchor, with chain & warp
- Spare Anchor: Danforth
- Mooring lines
- Perfectly spliced dock lines to fit 10m berth
- 4 x large Hutchwilco fenders with covers
- Two burner stove
- Fresh water tank
- Tiller pilot
- Compass with light
- LED interior lighting red/white
- New 2017 masthead anchor & navigation light (and new wire in mast)
- New switchboard 2022
- Jack lines
- 2 x Fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- 2 x life rings
- Manual bilge pump
- 1 x gas bottle
- Winch handles
- Spinnaker sheets
- Genoa sheets
- Various misc spare lines
- Spare parts
- Cutlery, plates, glasses & galley gear
- Boxes of paint, spare parts and other useful things
The BoatWrap is still in great condition but should be changed at some stage. It cost around $4,000 to do it the first time. I decided not to do this before I sold her in case you’d like to change the colour or design. I’ve priced her accordingly taking this additional expense in to consideration.
Wildwood is based in Lyttelton at Te Ana Marina and is capable and ready to be sailed to anywhere in New Zealand, or keep her here to watch the SailGP racing in March 2023.
You can read about some of her adventures on this blog:
Please share with your friends and anyone you think might be interested in owning this much loved yacht. I would love to see her go to a great new home where she will be loved and used. I am only selling her as I want to get something a bit bigger to head up to the Pacific. Please feel free to comment below or send me a message if you have any questions.
Phone 021 438 977