Ugh this is not something I even want to consider to be a possibility! However from what I have read it is something that we need to be aware of and prevention is definitely better than an explosion!
- Gas bottles should be located in a dedicated locker and should be well secured (refer to capsize!)
- Ensure gas is turned off at the bottle after use
- Install a gas detector – the sensor should be in the lowest part of the boat
- Do a visual check of all hoses and regulators
- Gas detector
- Fire extinguishers & fire blanket
- If you smell gas – check that the cylinder is switched off
- Do not light any sparks or use electricity
- Ventilate the boat – lift the floor boards, wave your hands around to disperse the gas
- Then find the source of the leak and deal with it!